Let us share with you the learning opportunities in this month!
1. Chess is one of the most popular indoor games. There are many resources to learn chess but you may find a free wikibook quite useful. In 84 pages, it not only provides basic introduction but also delves in advance topics such as algebraic notation, tactics, and strategy. Download it now!
2. It seems many people have misconceptions about global development. A Swedish NGO called the Gapminder Foundation has developed a fun educational tool called Gapminder Worldview Upgrader. This tool helps people rid themselves of common systematic misconceptions about global development. It is an interactive quiz with detailed feedback and supporting information. Within half an hour, you will have better understanding of global development. You can earn a certificate also by answering all questions correctly!
3. Data visualization typically involves choosing the right type of charts for communicating the insights. Which charts to choose? This is a typical question that many people ask. We suggest investing 10 minutes in reading an article, titled Choose Charts Everyone Understands. Written by Nancy Duarte, this article provides clear guidelines with an illustrating example.
4. Delhi Metro is considered to be one the most successful infrastructure projects in India. A 80-minute video provides an excellent documentary on this project. It features interviews of key people, video footage of construction work as well as presentation of facts and figures.
5. The largest retail stock broker in India, Zerodha provides an educational mobile app called Zerodha Varsity. Guess what, this app provides stock market education! The content in this free app is in the form of bite-size cards. Also each topic is broken into three levels, with a quiz at the end of each level. It has made learning about stock market both easy and convenient.
6. Vidyarjan Academy has organized one-hour webinar on the topic of Data Visualization with Power BI. It is free to attend but registration is compulsory. This webinar will help you learn what is meant by data visualization & how it can be done using Power BI Desktop. It will be on Sunday 18th April from 11 am to 12 pm.
7. Vidyarjan Academy has organized one-week online course on Fundamentals of Data Science from Tuesday 20 April to Monday 26 April. It will help you learn how does data science relates to AI, machine learning, and big data. It will also help you know how data science is being used in business. In addition to interactive presentation and demo during live sessions, this course features sharing of curated content on WhatsApp. You can get a special 20% discount by mentioning “newsletter” as referral at the time of registration.